The Rotary UPS is unlike any other UPS. Consisting of a special combination of proprietary motorgenerator and choke, this UPS provides a very simple and highly reliable uninterruptible power solution with exceptionally high efficiencies.
Piller’s rotary Diesel UPS systems of the patented UNIBLOCK type represent the most efficient and reliable power supply combination for critical applications.
The design flexibility of the UBTD+ is unique for a UPS system, it can be used to address low and medium voltage applications, cooling can be by air or chilled water, critical and emergency supplies can be isolated or combined in a single distribution system. Diesel start delay can be varied from seconds to minutes and multiple engine designs can be accommodated.
The UNIBLOCK UBTD+ Diesel Rotary UPS combines all the benefits of a rotary UPS with a Diesel engine in one integrated unit and can work with all brands of Diesel engine used for UPS applications. The UBTD+ is available either with flywheel or battery backed ride-through.
Single machines sized 500 kW up to 2700 kW can be paralleled in standard or IP-Bus configurations for redundancy and added capacity.
UNIBLOCK™ UBTD+ features:
- Single machines sized 500kW up to 2700kW
- Paralleling up to 40MW
- Higher reliability than other technologies
- Highest partial and full load efficiencies with energy store connected
- Total design flexibility
- Medium and low voltage options
- Battery or kinetic energy store versions
- Typically 3 times longer bridging time from the POWERBRIDGE™ compared with other rotary UPS
- Fastest recharge time with POWERBRIDGE™
- Redundant on-board power supplies
- Wide leading and lagging load power factor without de-rating
- Inherent fault clearing ability for downstream short circuits
- 100% load step capability
- Virtual unity input power factor 99% input/output harmonic isolation
- Small footprint and high power density
- Simple maintenance requirements